Access to Sanitary Products in Schools
All Clackmannanshire’s schools provide free sanitary products.
This is in line with the Scottish Government agreement that local authorities and the university and college sector should provide access to free sanitary products for those attending schools, colleges and universities in Scotland.
Evidence suggests that more than a quarter of people in education have struggled at some point in the previous year to access sanitary products. Some girls and young women have had to miss school or skip classes because they didn’t have sanitary protection.
If you have any questions please contact your child’s school.
We base the delivery of this service on:
- Protecting students’ dignity, avoiding anxiety, embarrassment and stigma.
- Making a range of products available, giving students choice about the products.
- A response that is reflective of students’ views and experiences.
- An efficient and dignified approach which demonstrates value for money.
- An offer for students throughout the year to include both term time and holidays.
- Ensuring sanitary products are easily accessible to meet individual needs.
- Individuals being able to get sufficient products to meet their needs.
- Gender equality, ensuring anyone who menstruates can access products, including transgender men and non-binary individuals, and that language is gender neutral.
- Awareness raising and education to both promote the offer and change expectations and behaviours.
The following websites provide additional information:
For Further Information Contact
Education & Schools
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000