Ranger Events and Walks
- Grade 1: Flat - all on surfaced path less than 3 miles.
- Grade 2: Undulating terrain - some sections may be off surfaced paths or more than 3 miles.
- Grade 3: Hilly terrain - more than 3 miles mostly off surfaced paths.
A Ranger Service workday is the activity for you if you want to
- improve your fitness levels;
- give something back to the local environment;
- meet other people;
- learn new skills;
- have some skills you wish to pass on.
We will do our best to find a task that suits you, so you don't have to worry about your fitness level or age. You can also choose how long you wish to come along for. Safety gloves and tools will be provided.
The workday's tasks may include:
- Cutting back foliage from overgrown paths;
- Nest/ bat box building;
- Tree planting;
- Rhody bashing;
- Litter Clearance;
- Habitat improvements work;
- Path maintenance.
Core Paths Plan
If you live in or visit Clackmannanshire, and walk, run, cycle, horse ride, sail, canoe or kayak, or manage land in
Clackmannanshire; the Core Paths Plan affects you.
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000