Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Assistance With Funerals

Assistance With Funerals

On rare occasions people die within Clackmannanshire with no traceable relatives or Executor to organise funeral arrangements for the decedent.

Where it appears that no provision for the funeral of a body have been, or are being made, under powers described in Section 50 of the National Assistance Act 1948, the Environmental Health Section of Clackmannanshire Council may step in to make suitable arrangements for the funeral of any person who has died within Clackmannanshire. These arrangements will only be for the provision of a basic funeral and all costs associated with the funeral will be recovered from the decedent's estate.

Queen's and Lord Treasurer's Remembrancer

When a person dies and has no relatives that can be traced, the Queen's and Lord Treasurer's Remembrancer (QLTR) will claim the estate on behalf of the Crown. They will investigate to determine if the estate has any net asset. Further information on the role of the QLTR can be found on their website at Please note that the Council does not hold any information on the value of the estate of the deceased person.

Funeral List

Details of all such funerals arranged through the National Assistance Act by Clackmannanshire Council since January 2007 are available to download (in PDF format). This document will be updated within 10 working days following any funeral arranged by the Council.

This page was last updated on 26th June 2017.

Related Publications & Documents

For Further Information Contact

Environmental Health
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000