Forthbank Household Waste Recycling Centre
Bowhouse Road, Alloa, FK10 1DA
View location map
Facilities are provided to allow you to recycle/dispose of household waste. You will need an access card, which is available to all Clackmannanshire residents. Please call 01259 450000 for more information.
- 1st April to 30th September
- Opens 8.30am
- Last entry to the public 7.45pm
- 1st October to 31st March
- Opens 8.30am
- Last entry to the public 5.45pm
- Closed on 25th and 26th December and 1st and 2nd January. Last entry 3.30 pm on 24th and 31st December.
- Please be aware that the site is likely to extremely busy in the days following the holiday closures
Organising your materials for disposal saves time. The range of materials that can be recycled include:
- Aggregate (stone)
- Batteries - car
- Batteries - household
- Clothes and textiles
- Electricals - small, fridges and freezers, monitors, white goods,
- Engine Oil - max 10 litres from routine servicing
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Garden Waste
- Gas bottles
- Mattresses, beds, divans
- Plastics - household containers
- Plastics - large patio toys etc.
- Soil, turf, green waste
Tyres are no longer accepted at the site.
Additional facilities exist for some types of hazardous waste, such as small amounts of chemicals. Please ask at the gate house for information on what can be accepted.
Soil and rubble
Arrangements for disposal of soil and rubble are as follows:
- All material must be placed in designated skips on the upper level of the site.
- There will no facility for tipping material directly from your vehicle into skips or on to the ground.
- Waste should be bagged prior to arrival and then emptied by hand into the designated skips.
- Customers are asked to ensure that any spillages are cleaned up, and that appropriate tools are carried for this purpose.
- At present only carriers of garden waste and wood will be given access to the lower level of the site.
Waste that can't be Recycled
In addition to the recycling facilities there is also a skip for waste that can't currently be recycled. The destination for this waste is landfill.
Black Bag Waste
Black bags full of waste will be directed to the sorting shed where they will be split and sorted for recycling.
Forthbank can accept some types of commercial waste. A prepayment system is in operation and must be used on every occasion. Please consult the Commercial Waste Charges page for more information.
The council is bound by national laws about accepting waste from commercial customers.
If you transport controlled waste within the UK in the course of your business, you must register with the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA). For more information visit:
Waste not accepted
Waste of the following is not accepted:
- General builders' waste.
- Industrial waste from construction, demolition, excavation, alteration or repair work.
- Waste from workshops and vehicle maintenance premises.
- Hazardous commercial waste
- Asbestos Waste
Please note that supplies of compost are no longer available at the site. This follows a change in the arrangements between Stirling Council, who previously provided the compost, and their new processing contractor.
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000