Blue Box for Glass, Textiles and Electricals
Frequently asked questions about changes to blue box collections are available for information.
The blue box is currently collected weekly and should be presented at the kerbside along with your textile bag, food caddy and bin for 7.00am.
Replacement blue boxes are no longer being issued. If you don't have a blue box, please take your items to Forthbank Recycling Centre.
Yes please to:
- Glass bottles and jars - wine, beer bottles, pasta sauce jars
- Textiles - clean clothing, shoes - tied into pairs, bags and belts, Please place in a clothing bag.
- Small electrical items - toasters, kettles, hairdryers, games consoles, irons
- Batteries - all household batteries
No thanks to:
- Cans, paper and plastic - these should be recycled in the blue bin
- Food and drinks cartons - these should be recycled in the blue bin
- Dirty or soiled clothing - these should go in your green bin
- Broken glass, window glass, drinking glasses and crockery - these should go in your green bin
- Car batteries - these should be recycled at Forthbank Recycling Centre
- TV screens - these should be recycled at Forthbank Recycling Centre.
Boxes that contain any of these items will not be emptied.
Related Publications & Documents
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000