In recent years the Council has been involved in commissioning various pieces of public art:
Works by international sculptor Andy Scott
Andy Scott's works located throughout Clackmannanshire include:
Since graduating from Glasgow School of Art in 1987 Andy has worked across a diverse range of artistic and creative projects. Public sculpture has been at the forefront of his activities, with dozens of commissions completed for a wide client base including corporate and civic organisations, public housing associations, sports and leisure groups and private clients.
You can view Andy Scott's website for more examples of his work.
'Pontils' by Michael Visocchi
- The 'Pontils' sculpture represents the glass industry in Clackmannanshire and is situated at Dumyat South roundabout, Tullibody.
'Source' by James Gordon and Susheila Jamieson
- This piece of art is themed around the fresh water supplies of the area that were essential for the town's industrial past and is situated at the new housing development at Primrose Place next to the Speirs Centre. This art work was commissioned by Kingdom Housing Association. More about the artists can be found via the following link: http://www.rachan.co.uk/content/news.htm
Roundels by Sandor Dobany and Glasgow School of Art Students
This project was commissioned by Carronvale Homes in association with the Council, and the roundels were installed at The Grange in Alloa.
Two of the circular mosaics were created by internationally renowned Hungarian porcelain artist, Sandor Dobany. Sandor then tutored second and third year ceramic art students through a design competition to win the chance to create the other three ceramics.
View Sandor Dobany's website for more examples of his work.
Glass Commission by Elin Isaksson for Clackmannanshire Community Healthcare Centre
Elin Isaksson was commissioned to create a glass sculpture to sit in the grounds of the Clackmannanshire Community Healthcare Centre which opened in 2009.
This piece of public art reflects Clackmannanshire's rich heritage of glass making. Elin was commissioned by NHS Forth Valley and Clackmannanshire Council.
Other public art in the area includes
- a ceramic mosaic at the entrance to Dollarbeg estate by Glasgow School of Art students working with Hungarian porcelain artist, Sandor Dobany;
- a work for Dollar Academy grounds to complement the Arts and Sports building;
- a bird of prey sculpture situated at Dumyat View roundabout at Tullibody;
- a public art work for Candleriggs in Alloa in conjunction with the Rotary;
- a park at Dollar Beg;
- a mosaic work at Greenside Street in Alloa by the international ceramicist Lotte Glob;
- a riveted copper kettle salvaged from Maclays Brewery in Alloa;
- a copper work by Joseph Ingleby sited near Morrison's in Alloa that takes the form of a time capsule;
- a stained glass window at the new housing development at Marshill by Inge Panneels.
Related Publications & Documents
For Further Information Contact
Strategy & Customer Services
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000