Facts and Figures
This page presents a selection of quick facts and figures about Clackmannanshire.
- Clackmannanshire is the second smallest local authority in Scotland stretching across 159 square km,
- Our population is 51,190 (with 25,119 males and 26,071 females) making Clackmannanshire the smallest council in mainland Scotland,
- The most recent Census estimates a population of 51,442,
- It is anticipated that the projected population of Clackmannanshire will decrease slightly to 49,633 by 2039,
- Our largest settlement is Alloa with a population of 20,390.
- The latest life expectancy figures can be found via the NRS demographic factsheet for Clackmannanshire,
- The population of young people, that is aged 0 to 17 years old is 11,503 (2014),
- Alloa South and East are the most deprived areas,
- 27% of children live in poverty in Clackmannanshire,
- 727 people are receiving home care,
- The number of crimes recorded in Clackmannanshire rose very slightly between 2013/14 and 2014/15,
- Health indicators including obsesity and overweight figures in P1.
Households and dwellings
- The are 24,221 dwellings across the county with the majority in Alloa - the largest settlement of Clackmannanshire.
- The number of households reached 23,401 in 2016.
- In Clackmannanshire, the number of lone adult households is projected to increase by 47 per cent, and the number of larger households in Clackmannanshire is projected to fall, with the number of households of 2 or more adults with children decreasing by 37 per cent over the 25 year period. The average household size is projected to decrease from 2.19 in 2012 to 2.03 in 2037.
- In Clackmannanshire, households headed by 60-74 year olds are projected to increase in number by 18 per cent, and those headed by the 75+ age group are projected to increase in number by 121 per cent between the years 2012 and 2037.
- Council Tax charges.
- 37.8% of households benefit from Council Tax Reduction.
- In the last year, 125 new builds were completed in Clackmannanshire.
Earnings and employment
Information about local earnings and employment is produced by nomis. Please refer to their document below:
Useful statistical publications
- If you are interested in finding out what we are consulting on or just want to share your views with us, visit Citizen Space, our consultation system.
Related Publications & Documents
For Further Information Contact
Communications and Community
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000